Thursday 3 February 2011

Lighting and Technical Aspects of Shoot 1...

For this shoot which involves a horse, I really want to shoot with a black and white 35 mm camera as well as taking some digital images aswell. I think that by shooting in the 35 mm, I will be able to gain an old fashioned look to my images, I will shoot on this camera but not develop them in black and white, instead I will scan them in using a negative scanner and create manipulations on them if needed. I will also shoot in digital to see what the differences between them are.
By shooting on both 35mm and Digital, I will be broadening my technical skills and pushing myself because I am not that confident with shooting on 35mm so this will test my skills in creating a good aesthetic in my images.
As for the lighting on this shoot, we will be in the stables with the horse and model and not outside. It may be a little dark but I will not be able to use a lighting kit as this will scare the horse, therefore by working out the correct light shining into the stable with a light meter, I should be able to just use natural light and shadows in my images. Hopefully this shoot will work out the way I planned .... Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment