Tuesday 1 February 2011

Andrew Southam...




This is just one shot which I found when looking though one of my favourite photographers websites. Andrew Southam has a wide range of images on his website but they all seem to have a connection to fashion which I love. I wanted to show this image because it reminded me of old fashioned horse racing. I love the styling in this shot and the clothes she has been dressed in have a huge historical reference. The jacket is very classy and the hat just screams professional rider at me. When creating my own shoot and styling my model, I want to be able to keep it contemporary but still have references to the past. I think this image works really well and because a horse represents beauty and elegance, the model is reflecting this beauty and elegance within her own pose etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment