Tuesday 1 February 2011

David Lachepelle...





I have looked into David Lachapelle many times over the past two years but it is only because I find him brilliant and his work fascinating. The first image is a different shoot to the second and third image but they are completely different in everything. The top shot features Christina Agulera in a very highly stylised shot that is over saturated. The horse that she is sat on is a fake horse in a very bright colour but the whole shot still reveloves around this horse as though it is real. She is sat on it as though she is riding it and this is all done through the power of suggestion. The second shoot however, features Angelina Jolie, partcailly naked with a real horse as her prop. She gets intimate with the horse and you can see a real connection between human and animal. The lighting could be natural on a sunny day but I do think that there has been added artifical lighting.

Overall I prefer the Angelina Jolie shots as they seem more natural and not forced into a pose unlike the top image. She is showing the horse as though it is a prominant feature of the shot ansd she is working well with the animal to get the best kind of shots. This is how I want my model to be when shooting my own images with a horse, I want her to act natural and thereofre this will gain the best kind of shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment