Wednesday 16 March 2011

Day of Shoot - Complications...

The day started like a complete disaster!!

Got to the studio at 8 in the morning and started to set up for my friend Martha's shoot as I was being an assistent for this, her shoot went just the way she planned andI was then ready to move on to mine. I had everything ready, such as the clothing in my models size, the lighting idea's I had already planned etc.... and my model didn't show up!!!! I was waiting for around an hour for her but she wasn't even answering her phone. I know we shouldnt use our friends in the shoots we plan but at least our friends are reliable.. Any how, I ended up asking my friend and assistent on the shoot becky to stand in, luckily she was the same size in clothes as my orginal model and has modelled before so I was happy for her to do it.

When planning my next shoot, I want to have a model I trust and that I know will show up or at the very least, I will have two models so that I have a back up if one of them doesnt show up.

The shoot with becky went very well and I was able to get want I wanted from her. This shoot will only be able to be classed as a test shoot for this assignment as I want to try again with another model preferably with dark skin as this is the vision I originally had. I did however manage to get the different lighting techniques I wanted to achieve and also the poses etc, I think I even managed to get across what I wanted by signifying through clothing. I will therefore use this as a test shoot and be able to set my shoot up again next time with ease and just simply use a different model that will suit the clothes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment