Friday 28 January 2011

Sienna Miller - Flaunt Magazine...

These images are taken by one of my favourite photographers Yu Tsai for Flaunt magazine featuring Sienna Miller in a spread entitled 'Closing the Gap'. These images fascinate my as they incorporate a tiger into the images. The tiger must be a trained tiger to be able to feature in this kind of shoot but this is exactly the sort of work I aspire to create. I would love to feature a tiger in my own images but I think this would be bearly impossible without the correct safety regualtions as the tiger would not be trained. However I wanted to use these images as inspiration for my own shoot which will include animals. I love the overall general look of these images, they are very high end fashion editorial shots, but the lighting seems to be all natural lighting but in my opinion I think there has been some artificial flash added to enhance the quality of the images. They have also been altered in post production to create the general tone over the images. They could have been desaturated also which adds to the aesthetic of the images.

By featuring a tiger in the images, Sienna Miller comes across as though she has power, leadership and force just because this is exactly what the tiger represents. I want to show connections like this when shooting my own images.






No comments:

Post a Comment