Friday 28 January 2011

Tim Walker ...

I know I have looked into Tim Walker on many occasions but this is only because he is one of my favourite photographers for so many reasons so I feel the need to keep bringing him up for inspiration. Tim Walker breaks the normal expectations of location photography by creating elaboratley constructed scenes. To me, his work always seems to come across as classy and elegant and I think this is because there is a traditional English country theme running through his images and the poses of the models he uses. There is also a smokey look which with his repetative pastel colours, adds to the aesthetic of his images and therefore makes them so iconic.









The reason I wanted to look at Tim Walker is because he tends to work with animals a lot within his images. The animals range from Cats to Horses and Swans and each time, they seem to carry an elegance which you don't get with other photographers and I think it is mainly because of the colours he uses. The pastel colours is a trend which seems to be in all of his images and he even changes the colours of the cats to keep within the pastel look. In the second image, he has enlarged the swan next to the model and I think this really works well and it adds something new and exciting to the image which in my opinion wouldn't be there if he hadn't of done.

I want to try and do something like this in my own images and try to work with the animals to get the best out of them. I know it may be hard and most animals in professional images have been trained for photographs, I won't get this benefit so this could be a difficulty when shooting but hopefully it will be ok!! (Fingers Crossed!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment