Monday 24 January 2011

Briefing & Statement of Intent...

This blog is here basically for me to explore my interests. In the last blog I produced, I researched photographers I was interested in and learnt their practice and how they produce work with their own individual style, I then used this inspiration and prodcued my own shoots aswel as test shoots for lighting experiments. From this research blog, I have understood lighting a lot more, using the lighting set ups to create different moods to suit the shoots. By exploring the lighting and other photographers that I am interested in, I have a clearer, more directed vision of what I want to achieve in this open brief.
My theme for this open brief is to explore Fashion as a dominance within the images and how the garments and styling are important in the overall shots. I will be trying to show this importance of clothing and models by incorporating animals in to the images. Animals have a dominant presence about them and as we have evolved from them, they should be seen as equal to us, yet we decide to put them in cages. I want to use the animals in the images to show how alike humans and animals really are, to show the dominance of animals and how this dominance is reflected within humans.
I want to try and push the boundires of photography, maybe shock the audience and create some visually stimulating images that are different to what has been created before in the fashion photography industry. To begin with, I have split this theme into a few shoots, each using different models and different Locations whether it be the studio or out on location. The shoots will be based on different elements of this theme but will it will all interlink with each other towards the end. For this brief, I want ot try and explore more of the equipment we have been introduced to in the first semester, such as the Ring Flash, the Capture One software and the Medium Format camera. This semester I really want to push myself and create some really intesting and high quality images.

No comments:

Post a Comment