Tuesday 25 January 2011

Shoot Concepts...

I have a few shoots in mind for my theme of animals in fashion, I want to explore this title as much as I possibly can and therefore I have come up with four shoots that differ in many ways from the location, pose, make up and styling. The reason I have decided to shoot many different shoots for this theme is because it is a bit hit and miss whether the shoots will work out. I am incorporating animals into the shoots and things could go wrong such as not being able to get the animal in the first place or once the images are taken, they turn out to be not what I wanted to produce.

The first shoot I want to create is to be shot with a horse. One of my assistants becky owns a horse therefore it would be a perfect opportunity for my shoot. I want to use becky as my model this time and I know we aren't really supposed to be using our friends, I wanted to this time just because I really wanted to get the best out of the time with the horse and with his own owner, he will be more relaxed and willing to co-operate within my shoot. This shoot is one of the shoots I want to create with animals. I want to create more with animals and models in the same shot but I will have to work out what animals first and how I will go about it.

The second theme for my shoots is to have the human/model caged within some sort of cage that would normally be used to caged wild animals. I want to style and pose my model as though they are the animal in the cage to show what it would be like if animals caged humans.

The third shoot I want to try and create is going to be all about the clothing and how a piece of garment can alter the way a person is represented. Again this will be incorporated around my theme of animals. I want to show how print such as tiger, leopard etc within clothing can hold connotations of power and dominance. This dominance can be shown through the images with the correct clothing.

Fourth and finally I want to create a shoot in the studio which is mainly based upon the make-up of models. I will look into face paint and body paint but not to much so it looks cheap but to make a connection between the model and the animal itself and show this through an image.

Again some of these shoots may not work but hopefully with the right planning and styling, I will create some really interesting and aesthetically pleasing images that all relate in some way to the ANIMAL theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment