Saturday 29 January 2011

Locations - Kelly Clarkson Album...

These images are the visual cover artwork for the CD of Kelly Clarkson's 'My December'. Not only do I love this CD but the artwork for the album cover amazes me. I think it is just the locations for the images that really interests me because of how well constructed they are. They are such elaborate sets which I know is mostly created by CGI but in general they inspire me to want to create something like this in my own work. There was more images than these in the actual CD artowrk collection but these are the few that really grabbed my attention.

I especially like the top image which is the front cover to the album. Kelly Clarkson is placed on the floor at the bottom of stairs which seems to be in an old historical house, surrounded by leaves and nature that you would usually expect to see outside. I think that is why I really like this image, they have brought the outside to the inside of a normal everyday household. If the nature wasn't shown in this image and she was just simply sat at the bottom of stairs in don't think it would have been as effective.






When looking at these images, they remind me of being out in the woods which is also the locations of most wild animals and I think the sets remind me of this. Seeing the trees / branches / leaves etc inspires me to create something so elaborate for one of my shoots. In my opinion, I think this kind of set would really work well with the second shoot I have planned for this theme, which is placing the models in animal locations and trying to work with the set around them to try and bring out their animal instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment