Friday 28 January 2011

Richard Avedon & Rankin...

These two images are by completely different photographers, Richard Avedon and Rankin and I found these images after seeing a documentary about Rankin and the '7 photographs that chaged fashion' created in 2009. In the documentary he was recreating some of the best and well-known images in fashion history. All the images he recreated were amazing but I have decided to put these images in my research blog because they incorporate an elephant. I didn't see how the Richard Avedon image was created but on this documentary, Rankin was going through his whole process of concept, process and post production. The elephant in the production was really hard to work with and this has made me very nervous for when I decide to work with animals in my own shoot. However, I do really like how the model has worked with the elephants. She hold elegance and grace with her pose and in my opinion it really works well witht he animals. It is as though her arm stretched out is immitating the elephants trunk and for me this makes a great connection between animal and human.


Richard Avedon
'Dovima with Elephants'
1955


Rankin
'Erin O'Conner'
2009

No comments:

Post a Comment